Monday, June 11, 2012

Painting Update


I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like recently, but I've still gotten in some games with Damiano + Pirates, which has been fun, as well as Bart + Galleon.  Basically, Galleon is a monster.  Anyways, this is just a quick painting update before I get back into doing work today.

First is a merc painting update.  Here are some of the farthest along models in my Trencher Commandos group, who I'm very happy with.  I think they'[re turning into my best painted unit, along with my Boomhowler & Company.


   


Next up is a quick Cryx model.  I loaned Jason a fair amount of my Cryx a while back in return for borrowing his Cygnar models before I decided that I wanted to own the Bad Seeds tier.  I just got some of those back, and played a game of proxies of Gaspy3 + Kraken, where my lovely Wraith Engine played the Kraken.  So it's been such a long time, I figured I should drop some paint onto this bad boy.  Plus I'm testing out a new paint scheme, because there's nothing like having a new paint scheme after you're mostly painted with an army :p  Anyways, still a work in progress, but I'm liking how it's looking.
 

So for the commandos, I'm really happy with how the leather and skin tones are working out, and I'm trying to punch up all my highlights in general since my models often look so dark.  Hopefully that pans out.  With the Wraith Engine, I think it'll be a nice change-up from my normal Cryx just because of all the colors on it: purple armor plating, red cloth, green goo everywhere, and then the metals.  Hopefully I can finish it up soon and plop it back onto the table with my pGaspy list.


No comments:

Post a Comment