Thursday, April 26, 2012

epic Magnus and his Renegades

So I did a bit of work on eMagnus tonight, in addition to getting Fiona primed as well.

We'll start with Fiona:



I began with zenithal priming as is usual for me as of late.  She also has a slightly different post than is stock, partly because of her base.  Beyond the slight staff position change, I'm also going to be doing water effects on the base to have waves crashing up onto the "cliff" that she's standing on... should be exciting.

Next up, eMagnus and his 2 trusty Renegades.

Primed:

Here they are again with a little bit of paint:


I wasn't sure initially what color I wanted to paint them in, but I took Dave Henry's suggestion of "Traitor Blue" since it would be nice and fluffy.  I'm not sure how close I am to actually hitting the PP colors, but with a bit of mixing and layering, I think it's looking pretty good so far.  I'm also going to try and do a bit of the metallic shading that I mentioned a few posts ago, but we'll see.  I don't want to experiment too much here.  Also, still pleasantly surprised with how much detail there is in the press mold on the base.  I was aiming for a brighter Cygnar blue on the wrecked Ironclad, but I may have to turn to the "Fort Faulk" scheme there.

No comments:

Post a Comment